NOTICE: Beginning from June 12, 2010, citizens of European Union countries, the Swiss Confederation, Kingdom of Norway, Republic of Iceland, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro and FYR Macedonia may enter the Republic of Serbia using their identity cards and stay up to 90 days.
Foreign nationals enter and stay in the Republic of Serbia under the conditions stipulated in the Foreigners Act, using a valid travel document in which there is a visa or residency permit, unless otherwise stipulated by law or international treaty.
Entry into the Republic of Serbia will be denied to a foreigner if:
1) He does not have a valid travel document, or a visa if required
2) He does not have sufficient financial means to sustain himself for the duration of his stay in Serbia, to return to his country of origin or transit into a third country, or if he has no alternative means of support for the duration of his stay in Serbia.
3) He does not meet the conditions for transit to and entry into a third country
4) He has a prohibition on crossing the state border or is registered as an international criminal
5) He does not have a certificate of vaccination or other evidence that he is of good health when arriving from an area affected by epidemic infectious diseases
6) There is cause relating to maintaining public order or the security of the Republic of Serbia and its citizens
7) There is reasonable suspicion that he will use his stay in Serbia for purposes other than those declared
REGISTRATION OF FOREIGNERS
Serbian organisations and individuals providing accommodation to foreigners against payment, as well as locals hosting visiting foreigners, must register the foreigner’s stay with the local police station within 24 hours of the commencement of the accommodation arrangement, or of the foreign visitor’s arrival.
A foreigner not using official accommodation nor staying with a private individual must register his or her stay and change of address with the local police station within 24 hours of arriving at the place of residency or of the change of address. A place of residency is where a foreigner intends to stay for more than 24 hours.
INFORMATIONMinistry of InteriorBul. Mihajla Pupina 2, 11070 Novi Beogradtel: +381 (0)11 306-2000www.mup.gov.rs– Border Police Administration, tel: 311-8890– Police duty switchboard, tel: 192