Castle Eđšeg was built in 1890 for the purpose of shooting association of Novi Sad, on the centenary of the establishment. It is located at Anton Chekhov Street. It was designed by famous architect György Molnár in an eclectic style and built by a mason Karl Lehrer. It is declared as a cultural monument and placed under the protection of the state in 2007. The name of this building is the Hungarian word which means “unity”. This is the name of the sports club that has long been accommodated in the premises of the Eđšeg.
This cultural heritage of Castle Eđšeg has been the hangout for the homeless for years, in the almost completely ruined condition, until 2012, when it was reconstructed and fully equipped. The works were supervised by the Institute for Protection of Cultural Heritage, and the amount invested in the reconstruction is 55 million dinars. Eđšeg contains three side rooms and a large ballroom very richly decorated.
On September 15, 2014, the castle Eđšeg finally got its purpose of use. At the opening ceremony of the premises after reconstruction, castle Eđšeg got the use as a new center of culture. The building is an ideal place for organizing cultural and artistic events, as well as concerts, competitions and etc.