This religious building is also called Reformist-Calvinist church. The territory of Novi Sad, the first families of reforming Calvinist religion settled in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century. Their church they built back then but was destroyed in 1849. Today’s building was built in 1865 in neogothic style in the former Haymarket, located on the corner of Safarik Street and Pap Paul Street. The church is the work of art of the famous builder Gyorgy Molnar (George in some sources).
The interesting thing about this church is that the Bethlehem star on the bell tower of the church is the only symbol on the entire building. The absence of sacred and religious symbols is the main characteristic of this sacred building.