The Lower Town or the Podgradje or Suburbia (Suburb) is the old part of Petrovaradin located in the lower part of the fortress. This area is located in the heart of the municipality map of Novi Sad, surrounded by the former moats. Entrance into this settlement is Strossmayer Street. It was created in the period 1692 to 1728 by the establishment of the religious objects. The Suburbia is located on the main road that leads to Indjija, Belgrade, from the city of Novi Sad, over the Varadin bridge. Today, in the Lower Town of Petrovaradin live only a few inhabitants, mostly Croatian nationality, but most of the ranks are military facilities including a military hospital. Among the residential buildings is the birthplace of Croatian ban Josip Jelacic, built in 1745. Buildings were damaged in NATO bombing, but their rustic appearance is the result of sloppiness and lack of maintenance. The main buildings in this neighborhood are Belgrade Gate from 1753 and the monastery of St. George.